eclipse [-s] n
OFr < L. < Gk. 'to forsake it's accustomed place, fail to appear'.
- Intervention; intercession; transcendence; change in perspective; obscuring from the mind as if from the eye.
- Obscurity; total darkness; absence of light; [fig.] death.
- Darkening of the sun when its light is temporarily blocked by the moon.
- Astronomy event; passage of a body that overshadows the appearance of another.
see eclipse, n.
- Block; pass in front of; obscure from view; [fig.] surpass; exceed; overshadow.