efface [-s, -d, -ing] v
L. ex, out + facies, face.
- Disappear; fade away; become invisible; vanish from view.
- End; finish; destroy; extinguish; terminate; eliminate.
- Erode; undermine; weaken; subvert; wear away.
- Erase; hide; obliterate; blot out; [word play] cause to be faceless.
- Dissipate; dispel; make invisible; cause to disappear; [fig.] melt.
- Diminish; decrease; make appear less significant.
- Lessen; minimize; reduce the burden of; relieve from the heavy weight of; [word play] confront; meet face to face.