OE bi- + hindan 'direction from'.
- Belated; delayed; overdue; tardy; too late.
- Remaining; lingering; not taken with; (see 1 Samuel 30:9).
- Backward; back in time; to the former direction; (see Genesis 19:17, 19:26).
- Yesterday; (see Psalms 139:5).
- Back in place; in a posterior position.
- Prior; previous; complete; finished; in the past.
- Away; to rest; out of sight.
- Visible to the rear.
- Lagging; trailing; delayed in position.
- Phrase. “Leave behind”: abandon; forsake.
see behind, adv.
- Beyond; on the far side of; in the background of.
- After; following; in light of; in the wake of.
- Hidden by; obscured by.
- Hidden to view of; out of sight of; in back of.
- Supporting; upholding; sustaining.
- On the other side of.
- In the past of; already experienced by.