book [-s] n
- Tome; written work; published literary composition; set of printed sheets of paper bound together; [fig.] piece of knowledge; compilation of wisdom; [biographical] copy of Emerson's poems that Dickinson received from Benjamin Newton.
- Author; writer from the past.
- Biography; life story; personal history; [fig.] immortality; eternal life.
- Scripture; scroll; sacred record; (see Luke 4:20).
- Holy Bible; Old and New Testament; scriptural anthology that begins with Genesis and ends with Revelations; [fig.] summer; warm season; time of year.
- Record; registry; account; chronicle; hotel sign-in; volume for guests; [fig.] tree; home; resting place.