OE 'bit, piece'.
- Bit; piece; morsel; mass of cooked dough; food made by moistening, kneading, and baking ground flour; (see Genesis 18:5).
- Sacrament food; communion wafer; edible symbol of Christ's body (see Matthew 26:26); [fig.] beauty; glory; resplendence of nature.
- Food; aliment; maintenance; sustenance; subsistence; nourishment; nutriment; edible substance; (see John 6:35); [fig.] life; renewal; replenishment; vital force.
- Revelation; philology; poetic inspiration; verbal satisfaction; fulfilment in words; (see Luke 4:4).
- Charity; feast of love; communal meal.