bride [-s] n
- Fiancée; betrothed female; woman about to be married.
- Person; human being; man or woman.
- Rose; pollen-filled flower; fellow creature; partner in nature.
- Wife; married woman; [fig.] whole person; complete individual; resurrected being; immortal soul.
- Newlywed woman; female on her wedding day; [fig.] member of the Church; covenant spouse with Christ the Bridegroom; (see Isaiah 61:10).
- Maiden; young woman; [fig.] deceased female; young lady who has died.
- Chosen one; elect lady; spiritual nominee; candidate for sacred covenant (see Revelation 21:9).
- Spouse; helpmeet; marriage partner; constant companion; [fig.] revelation; apocalypse; divine disclosure; (see Revelation 21:2).