broke [broken] verbal adj
see break, v.
- Incorrect; corrupted; inaccurate; mistaken; erroneous; dysfunctional.
- Subdued; mentally or physically crushed; [fig.] unclean; subject to sin.
- Shattered; ruined; destroyed; disintegrated; in pieces; [fig.] dead; decaying; dismembered; subject to decomposition.
- Discontinued; separated; terminated; divorced; split up; parted by schism; out of association; ending relations.
- Sorrowful; contrite; suffering; remorseful.
- Phrase. “Broken hearted”: exquisitely sensitive; willing to endure pain for others (see Psalm 34:18).