brook [-s] n
- Circulation; flow; current of blood; [fig.] sunset; colorful evening sky.
- Vitality; excitement; internal energy; source of power; [fig.] zeal; fervor; passion; significant feeling; emotional surge.
- Outpouring; outflow; [fig.] joy; pleasure; delight; refreshing scene; beautiful perspective.
- Stream; creek; living water; natural flowing current; [fig.] truth; knowledge; intelligence; sublime thought (see Deuteronomy 8:7).
- Fabric; material; smooth length of cloth; [fig.] pall; shroud; winding sheet; burial clothes.
- Source; spring; fountainhead.
- Drenching; drowning place; dangerous waters; [fig.] quenching; extinction; brink of death; limit of human experience.