gate [-s] n
- Death; end of mortality; beginning of the next life.
- Portal; passage into a city with guards that permit or deny access; [fig.] entryway into heaven.
- Opening in a fence; point of access through a wall.
- Ordinance; initiation; rite of passage; required procedure for entering a kingdom; [fig.] baptism; conversion; spiritual rebirth (see Matthew 7:14).
- Barrier; constraint; [fig.] physical body; mortal life; veil of corporeality.
- Door; passage; entry.
- Cenotaph; doorway into a sepulcher; entrance into a tomb.
- Wound; problem.
- Portal between life and death.
- Blockage; impediment.
- Veil; life before; pre-existence.