house [-s] n
OE hús < Germanic.
- Biological family; ancestors and descendants.
- Home; dwelling; building; habitation for humanity.
- Nest; dwelling of a creature.
- Heaven; place in paradise; abode of the righteous dead.
- Theater audience; spectators in a playhouse.
- Tomb; grave; final resting place.
- Church; temple; tabernacle.
- Wealth; estate; possessions.
- Body; residence of the soul.
- Building for the keeping of plants.
- Earth; natural paradisiacal state of the earth.
- Phrase. “Light House”: coastal building that gives light and direction to ships.