Fr. < L. possibilitās < possibilis.
- Chance; opportunity.
- Eventuality; prospect; potential; likelihood.
- Ability to accomplish or possess; chance of actually happening; opportunity for desires to be fulfilled.
- Lack of predictability; uncertainty about the course of future events; what may happen.
- [Fig.] power; force; influence; capacity to affect; ability to impact.
- [Fig.] mystery; intrigue; wonder; romance; unknown nature.
- [Fig.] poetry; verse; ability to express beauty through figurative language.