practise [practice, -s] n
see practise, v.
- Custom; habit; routine; daily life.
- Activity; action; art; pursuit; undertaking.
- Training; exercise; repetition; systematic preparation.
- Dexterity; skill; agility; adroitness; ability resulting from disciplined repetition; [fig.] cunning; artifice; craftiness.
- [Fig.] consciousness; knowledge; understanding.
practise [practicing, practising] v
OFr < L. practizāre.
- Study; pursue mastery of; work to acquire the skill of; train repeatedly in order to achieve proficiency in.
- Rehearse; go over; prepare for a public performance of.