price [-s] n
ME < OFr < late L. precium (pretium), price, value, wages, reward.
- Cost; amount; sum of money or goods required to purchase.
- Requirement; demand; stipulation; prerequisite; precondition of a contract; obligatory sum or thing given in exchange for another thing.
- Sacrifice; payment; loss; act of giving up something of value in exchange for something else.
- Value; worth.
- [Fig.] precious commodity; valuable asset; invaluable possession.
- [Fig.] commerce; trade; business; selling out; greedy act of taking payment for invaluable goods or gifts.