see push, v.
- Pressure; application of force; assault; attack.
- Emergence; rush; surge; eruption; sudden appearance.
- Onset; experience; occurrence; occasion; growth; enlargement; swelling.
- Determined advance; approach; [fig.] authority; influence; leverage; persuasion; power; compulsion.
push [-ed, -ing] v
- Move; displace; brush; thrust; drive; shove; cause to change position by the application of physical force.
- Press; crush; apply steady pressure; oppress with physical force.
- Present; thrust; urge; project; advance persistently; insistently bring to the attention of someone.
- Burst; break; emerge.
- Flatten; smooth; suppress; forcefully change the shape of.
- [Fig.] attempt to escape.
- [Fig.] test; try; prove.
- [Fig.] follow; trace; track; trail; travel steadily in pursuit.