mill [-s] n
Fr. moulin < L. molinum.
- Water-wheel; large wooden wheel through which river currents pass to make energy for industrial purposes.
- Grindstone apparatus; mechanism that presses kernels into meal; building with a water-powered machine for processing grain into flour.
- Windmill; building having a generator that runs on air currents; wind-powered factory for processing grain, textiles, or other products.
- Roller machine; set of revolving wheels.
- Factory; manufacturing place.
- Current; channel for water.
see mill, n.
- Grind corn into meal; [phrase: “went to mill”] went to the mill; went to have the corn processed at the grain mill.