- Betrayal; deception; beguilement; being wrong about trusting someone; [structural ambiguity: “fear” as main verb with “mistake” as noun object] be afraid of making a mistake.
- Error; misconception; misreading; misunderstanding; misapprehension; misinterpretation.
mistake [-n, mistaking, mistook] v
ON mistaka, take by mistake.
- Misunderstand; be confused; become confounded; get it wrong.
- Take one thing for another.
- Show; display; betray; reveal unintentionally; [structural ambiguity: “mistake” as main verb with “fear” as noun object] make the mistake of fearing.
- Misinterpret; miss the point; overlook the truth.