large [-er, -est] adj
Fr. large; NW says Sp. largar, to loosen, to slacken, as a rope.
- Bulky; big; expansive; of great size.
- Wide; extending over a great distance.
- Important; valuable; of great significance.
- Infinite; glorious; heavenly.
- Generous; Liberal in giving; of a great amount.
- Abundant; plentiful.
- Complex; difficult or complicated.
see large, adj.
- Much; ambitiously; optimistically; hopefully; wishfully.
large [-er] n
see large, adj.; NW also says Basque larritu, to grow.
- Greater one; more expansive thing.