weight [-s] n
OE wiht, OFris wicht.
- Burden; fardel; heavy load; [fig.] deep sorrow; encumbering pain.
- Crucifixion; excruciating torture; pressure of hanging; agony of hanging on the cross; [fig.] tremendous responsibility of bearing the sins, pains, and sorrows of all beings.
- Body; physical presence; [fig.] life; essence; mortal being; corporeal reality.
- Plumb; anchor; lead plummet; sinking metal object; [fig.] heavy feeling due to loss of a loved one.
- Substance; matter; dimension; mass; force; size; [fig.] existence; actuality; evidence.
- Measure; volume; amount; specific quantity.
- Heavy object; burdensome content.
- Meaning; import; significance.
- Gravity; amount of pressure that pulls an object towards the center of the earth; [fig.] heaviness of heart.