dark [-er] adj
OE deorc < OHG. tarchanjan, conceal, hide.
- Unilluminated; devoid of light; (see Job 3:9).
- Empty; vacant; lifeless; without light or signs of movement; (see Psalms 74:20).
- Uncheerful; gloomy; (see Job 22:13).
- Secretive; concealed; (Psalms 78:2).
- Lonely; frightening; terrifying.
- Black; ebony; onyx; (see Proverbs 7:9).
- Melancholy; mournful; saddened; [fig.] funeral Procession; (see Lamentations 3:6).
- Blackish hue; (see Leviticus 13:56); [fig.] trials; tribulations; struggles of life; sins of the world.
- Callous; unfeeling; cold; hardened; (see Daniel 8;23).
see dark, adj.
- Sin; iniquity; transgression; weakness; (see Isaiah 29:15).
- Absence of light; place without light; (see Genesis 15:17).
- Time before dawn; period before morning; hours before the aurora of sunrise; [fig.] state of being that receives enlightenment.
- Night; nightfall; evening; (see Joshua 2:5).
- Sorrow; grief; heartache; sadness.
- Obscurity; anonymity; a hiding place; (see Psalms 88:12).
- Gloominess; loneliness; isolation [fig.] fear of death. (405)
- Separation; parting; farewell.
- Mystery; the unknown; unenlightened state; lack of knowledge; (see Job 12:25).