- Lethal; fatal; destructive.
death [-'s] n
see death, adj.
- Being dead; being permanently without life.
- Losing life; process of spirit separating from the body.
- [Fig.] a personification of death bearing physical characteristics of or acting in some way like a person.
- The end of mortality; the transition from this world to the world beyond.
- [Fig.] an amount of money or ability to make a purchase.
- A mystery; something not understood.
- The duration of time in which a person, animal or plant is dead (not necessarily limitless).
- [Fig.] a place, high, low, near or far.
- [Fig.] a contract in which is written the conditions by which a person lives.
- [Fig.] a sharp weapon.
- Something hidden or not seen.
- [Fig.] a creature having many attributes of an insect.
- A state of separation from God.
- [Fig.] Bridge; something that joins two parts (like a hyphen).
- A punishment (to die).
- Something that causes worry.
- An agent that causes someone to die.