deity [-'s] n
Fr. déité < L. de-us, god.
- The Lord; the Almighty; the Author of the Universe.
- Perfection; divine nature; [fig.] God's Son who came to earth; Jesus, whose mother Mary was a mortal; the Savior of humankind who called fishermen to be His disciples.
- Jesus Christ; the Messiah; the resurrected Redeemer; the Savior who appeared to His disciples after rising from the dead.
- Godliness; holiness; divine power; [fig.] resurrected Being.
- Loved one; beloved master; dear lord; venerable human; object of adoration.
- God; Creator; Supreme Being.
- Infinity; immortal love; everlasting devotion; time without end.
- The Lawgiver; the Eternal Judge.
- Cupid; demigod; spirit of romance.