die [-d, dying, -s] v
- Perish; lose physical consciousness; (see Luke 8:32).
- Lose life force; [fig.] become extinct from creation; (see Genesis 6:17).
- Cease; conclude life; finish breathing; come to an end.
- Rot; ripen completely; turn bad; become overly mature; [Franklin has “dye”] redden; darken; change to a deeper color.
- Pass away; perish; depart from this world; (see Genesis 5:5).
- Expire completely; pass away permanently; cease to exist forever; [fig.] be exhaled entirely; run out of breath.