do [did, didn't, did'nt, didst, did'st, does, doesn't, doing, done, don't, don't, dost] v
- [Periphrastic auxiliary providing an unaccented syllable for metrical verse structure; “do seek” = “seek.”]
- [Lexical verb, transitive] choose; decide with regard to.
- [Lexical verb with noun object] make; cause; create; bring about.
- [Lexical verb, intransitive] accomplish; attain; achieve; use time for.
- [Lexical verb] fulfil; complete; (see John 4:34).
- [Tag verb with ellipsis referring back to a main verb form; “does” = “does exhibit” or “exhibits”.]
- [Auxiliary form for negation of the main verb; “do not need” = “need not”].
- [Lexical verb] act; behave.
- [Implied conditional; “do I smile” = “if I do smile”.]
- [Interrogative marker for yes/no questions].
- [Lexical verb] perform; execute; carry into effect.
- [Idiomatic with future auxiliary] suffice; be adequate; suit the purpose.
- Phrase. “do over”: reenact; relive; [fig.] recall; remember.