door [-s] n
- Entrance; opening to a room; (see Genesis 6:16).
- Entry; portal; flat rectangular piece of architecture for entering and exiting a home; wooden board that encases the opening or entrance to a building; panel that rotates with hinges on one side of an opening; (see Genesis 19:6).
- Access; [synecdoche] institution; building; (see Exodus 12:22).
- Gate; passage; ingress; means of approach; place of greeting; position of invitation; point of identification; [fig.] place of accounting; bar of judgement; checkpoint one must pass before moving into a place; (see Genesis 4:7).
- Obstacle; protection; barrier prohibiting entry; (see 2 Kings 4:33); [fig.] grave; casket; tomb.
- Boundary; edge; limit; veil; curtain; (see Deuteronomy 15:17); [fig.] death; funeral pall.
- Possibility; chance; opportunity; (see 2 Corinthians 2:12).
- Grave; tomb; coffin lid; (see Mark 16:3).
- Resurrection; (see John 10:9).
- Dawn; morning; sunrise.
- Hell; mortal life; (see Psalms 24:9).