dream [-s] n
early ME drém.
- Images; ideas in sleep; more revealing than waking thoughts; (see Genesis 31:24).
- Fiction; imagination; fantasy; vision; (see Genesis 37:20).
- Insight; revelation; heightened state of awareness; (see Genesis 20:3).
- Spiritual bliss; vision of perfection; utopia; (see Ecclesiastes 5:7).
- Poetic imagination; goals; aspirations; ambitions.
dream [-ed, -ing] v
- Envision; experience in slumber; see while asleep; have mental images appear during the Rapid Eye Movement portion of the mind's resting state; (see Genesis 28:12).
- Imagine; invent; make believe.
- Fantasize; pretend; act as of; make believe; create an imaginary alternative.
- Daydream; use time trivially.