- Life; salvation; living Christ; (see Genesis 21:19).
- Fellowship; companionship; intellectual stimulation; [fig.] source of truth; fountain of knowledge; provider of comfort.
drink [drank, drinking, drunk, drunken] v
- Take in liquid; [fig.] experience.
- Intake; ingest; satiate one's thirst; (see Genesis 24:17 for “drink” and Lamentations 5:4 for “drunken”).
- Imbibe; sip an intoxicating liquid; [fig.] live; celebrate; enjoy life; worship nature; (see Matthew 24:38).
- Partake; consume; shape a cup of sacramental wine (see Matthew 26:27); [fig.] consume a cleansing beverage.
- Slake thirst; stay hydrated.
- Accept; receive; submit to; (see Matthew 20:22).
- Choose; select; [fig.] taste.
- Endure; undergo; suffer; (see Mark 10:38-39).
- Phrase. “Drink to”: celebrate; toast; imbibe alcohol for a festive occasion; [fig.] praise; honor; pay homage to; (see Luke 12:19).16/app 13 I would distill a cup … Drinking to her no more astir
- Phrase. “drunk it stronger”: taken a more potent dose; imbibed a more intoxicating portion; [fig.] appreciated it more.