can [can'st] v
OE cunnan, know, know how, be mentally or intellectually able, have the physical power to do; modal auxiliary for conditional or subjunctive mood, supporting a non-finite main verb; see could, v.
- Might; have the capacity to.
- Be able to; have the possibility to.
- Will; be willing to.
- Shall; be possible.
- Could; be mentally able to; have the mental ability to.
- Be emotionally able to; have the physical strength to do.
- May; be feasible to; be possible to.
- Have the potential to.
- Have the authority to.
- Have the power to.
- Have the opportunity to.