OFr < L. cælum, sky, heaven.
- Enlightened; illuminated; full of light; [fig.] sanctified; hallowed; transfigured; spiritually translated.
- Luminous; divine; heavenly; holy.
- Saintly; fit for the presence of God; [fig.] eternal.
- Spotless; immaculate; absolutely clean; dressed in pure white.
- Godly; powerful.
- Exalted; glorious; supernal; resplendent; otherworldly; transcendental; of the highest degree of glory; (see 1 Corinthians 15:40-41).
- Higher; superior; most excellent.
- Perfect; complete; with charity that never fails; [fig.] Christ-like.
- Phrase. “celestial Mail”: armor of God; priesthood garments; ceremonial clothing worn in the most holy place (see Exodus 26:33-34); [kenning] endowment; investiture; atonement; holy ordinance; temple covenant.