Christ [-'s] proper n
OE < L. < Gr., trans. of Heb. < m'shiach yahweh, the Lord's Anointed.
- The Maker; the loving Being of the universe; the Godhead member who created the Earth and its inhabitants; [ironic] the “Thief” who takes His creatures home when they die.
- The Master; the Lord; the divine teacher; the merciful leader; [Hebrew] Rabboni (see John 20:16-17).
- The Mediator; the Suffering Servant; the sacrificial Lamb of God; (see Luke 22:54-62).
- The Savior; the Good Shepherd; (see Matthew 14:22-33).
- The Guide; [ironic] the Being that leads deceased loved ones from mortality into immortality.
- The Pioneer; the One who marks the Way from death to eternal life.
- The Judge; the King of heaven; (see Matthew 25:31-40).
- The Messiah; the Holy One of Israel; title of Jesus of Nazareth (A.D. 1-33); the Son of God who condescended to come to Earth; sinless son of mortal Mary and immortal God the Father (see Luke 2:11); the Deity who redeems people by atoning for their sins and pains; [Hebrew] the Anointed One.
- The Victor; the Deity who laid down His life and rose up again to conquer death through a universal resurrection; (see Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:54-57).