Fr. coque, shell.
- Casing; oblong insect home; tubular structure spun by the larvae of insects during the chrysalis stage; soft shell from which silkworms and caterpillars emerge as butterflies.
- Body; receptacle; container of life; [fig.] mortality and death; limited mortal state before resurrection.
- Pod; soft protecting shell; [fig.] habitation; house; residence.
- Tabernacle; tent; [fig.] tomb; catacomb; grave; confinement; prison.
- Outer covering; [fig.] clothing; material; garment of silken threads.