Fr. absolut < L. absolūt-um, loosened, free, acquitted.
- Unavoidable; inescapable; inevitable.
- Real; objective; ideal; perfect; unchangeable; not relative; unaffected by outward perception; independent of cause and effect.
- Persistent; independent of any hindrance.
- Whole; full; entire; final; complete in time; [fig.] deathlike.
- Necessary; essential; imperative; obligatory; basic.
- Sure; certain; definite; positive.
- Authoritative; unquestionable; unconditional; elemental; inalterable; supreme; divine.
see absolute, adj.
- Independence; autonomy; supremacy; sovereignty in its own sphere.
- Incomparable being; divine person; ultimate reality; unchangeable entity; eternal nature of Deity in contrast with relativity; immortality in contrast with the uncertain nature of mortality.