adjust [adjusted, -s] v
Fr. adjuste-r, to add < L. ad- + juxta, near, refashioned after L. ad- + jũstus, just, straight; Webster says: see Just < Fr juste, settle.
- Accustom; accommodate; adapt; alter; fine tune; focus to fit.
- Attach; position; set in place.
- Regulate; alter; change; modify; [fig.] reconcile.
- Arrange; deposit; situate; put to rest; settle with attention to fine details [esp. for funeral arrangements.]
- Acclimate to; adapt to; conform to; comply with.
- Organize; order; rearrange the schedule of.