ME alane; see all, adv. and one, adj.; completely by one's self.
- Isolated; secluded; unattended; without companions; as the only one; with no one else present.
- Lonely; lonesome; forlorn; friendless; desolate; solitary; abandoned.
- Vulnerable; defenseless; unprotected.
- Otherwise unaccompanied; amongst ourselves only; together but separate from any others; near to each other but away from the company of other people.
- Only; solely; exclusively; without other factors.
- By itself; on its own volition.
- Phrase. “All alone”: totally by oneself; completely solitary.