array [-s] n
AngFr < OFr. 'make ready', 'put in order'.
- Clothing; attire; apparel; raiment; costume; presentation of fine jewelry.
- Panorama; scene; exhibition; presentation; production; show; impressive display; [fig.] beauty of nature; colorful sunset or sunrise.
- Armada; battleship formation; display of force; arrangement in military lines; exhibition of a navy ready for confrontation; [fig.] dramatically colorful sunset patterns.
- Appearance; [fig.] petals; blossom; bloom; flower; (see Luke 12:27).
- Phrase. “One in the red array”: glorious morning of the resurrection; [fig.] Christ, who will descend in robes of red in the Second Coming; (see Isaiah 63:2); the Lord, as “the bright and morning star”; (see Revelation 22:6).
array [-ed] v
see array, v.
- Invest; [fig.] renew; revive; restore; resurrect.
- Involve; employ; absorb; engage; immerse; occupy.
- Clothe; prepare; equip; [fig.] adorn; beautify; decorate; glorify; endow.