art [-s] n
OFr < L. ars, to fit.
- Gift; talent; genius; aesthetic sensibility; mastery of dance, music, painting, or other enhancing skills.
- Trade; craft; set of rules which enables one to create.
- Ability; power; competence; faculty; that which enables one to perform various tasks.
- Technique; method; procedure; approach; strategy.
- Decoration; embellishment; [fig.] natural beauty.
L. es-, be, exist.
- [Used for the copula.]
- [Used for the lexical verb, indicating location or existence.]
- [Used for the progressive.]