fly [flies] n
- Winged insect; bug of the zoological genus Musca with transparent wings.
- Nuisance; trivial; annoyance; harmless fact of life.
- Letter writer; correspondent in Nature; [personification].
fly [flew, flies] v
OE, flee or fly.
- Wing; take flight; move through the air; navigate by means of wings.
- Come and go; pass by rapidly; happen in a hurry.
- Flee; escape; leave; avoid some threat, peril, or danger.
- Flutter; wave about.
- Move; go; take steps; proceed forward.
- Leave; exit; depart; (see Isaiah 54:10).
- Die; expire; leave this life; pass to the other world.
- Lose importance.