foot [feet] n
OE fot, fet. NW says probably allied to Gk, to walk, tread.
- Shoe; boot; [fig.] dancer; dance of blessed spirits; [metonymy] meter; metrical unit; numerical measurement in verse; combination of stressed and unstressed syllables in the line of a lyric.
- Base; bottom; lower part.
- Footing; foundation; condition; state of being.
- Lower extremity of a leg; part of the leg that stands or walks on the ground.
- Step; pace.
- Farther end of a grave; opposite the headstone.
- Root; bottom growth; part anchoring a plant in the soil.
- Transport; means of walking.
- Organ of locomotion; attachment belonging to certain invertebrate animals That which resembles an animal's foot in shape or function.