Fr. identité < L.
- Soul; psyche; self-consciousness; self-awareness; [pejorative] ego; narcissism; selfishness; self-love; self-importance.
- Self; individual being; personal existence; unique personhood; essence of being; right to life, liberty, and happiness.
- Persona; role; character; similitude; likeness; counterpart; manifestation of what is, what has been, and what will be; [fig.] Dasein; Deity; Being.
- Realization; recognition; identification; growing awareness.
- Reality; existence; being; [fig.] Creation.
- Phrase. “mansion of Identity”: corporeal existence; a physical body; [kenning] divinity; godliness; unique intelligence; spiritual reality.