name [-s] n
- Authority; agency; office; representation; honor; sphere of action; power to bless.
- Person; personage; [fig.] God; Deity; divine Being.
- Moniker; appellation; written identity symbol; letters expressing the set of sounds that one is known by.
- Toponym; symbol for a place; [fig.] reputation; eminence; distinction; prestige; status.
- Memory; image; character; personality; existence; life; specified human being.
name [-d] v
see name, n.
- Be able to say; be able to explain.
- Say; pronounce; evoke; invoke; conjure; call out.
- Call; identify; appoint.