- Relaxation; repose; rejuvenation; cessation of activity.
- Stillness; calm; quiet; tranquility; peace of mind.
- Death; the repose of the grave.
- Phrase. “At rest”: Calm; peaceful; without motion; staying still.
- Phrase. “At rest”: Motionless in death.
- Phrase. “Put to rest”: Pacify; make calm; make still.
- Others; members of a particular group who are different.
- Other similar or lesser things not mentioned.
- Remainder; balance; part that is left to be gone through.
- Other parts; remainder; balance.
rest [-ed, -ing, -s] v
- To give relief.1410 it would rest my heart / But it would ravage theirs
- To cease from action.
- To be tranquil.
- To be supported by something.