see return, v.
- Coming back to a state of honor or respect.
- Renovation; restoration; physical renewal; [fig.] resurrection; coming back to life.
return [-ed, -ing, -s] v
OFr < L. tornāre, turn on a lathe.
- Come back; reappear after a separation; [fig.] live again; rise in the resurrection.
- Reappear; appear again after an absence; [fig.] bring an answer.
- Revisit; leave and then come back.
- Revolve; begin again; happen another time; repeat a turn; make another circuit; complete another cycle.
- Come again soon; reappear at a predictable time.
- Fly back; go to a former location.
- Reciprocate; retaliate; answer; respond with.
- Give back; pay again.