revelation [-s, -'s] n
OFr revelaciun or L. < revlāre, to unveil, reveal.
- Light; sight; vision; illumination; [fig.] reality; recognition; new knowledge.
- Enlightenment; spiritual insight; divine manifestation.
- Display; unfurling; [fig.] presentation of color and shape.
- Disclosure; unveiling; uncovering; [fig.] prophecy; declaration of truth.
- Deity; the presence of God; [fig.] poetry; creative inspiration.
- Vision; epiphany; true portrayal; complete understanding.
- Wisdom; holiness; spiritual knowledge; religious truth.
- Scripture; divine will; word of God; message written by the hand of the Lord (see Daniel 5:5).