see ride, v.
- Means of transport; [fig.] breeze; air current; wind that enables flight.
- Conveyance; journey by vehicle.
ride [riding, rode, -s] v
OE rídan, travel.
- Sit as a passenger; travel in a coach.
- Sail; travel in a boat.
- Fly; hover; travel by wings through self-propulsion.
- Wander; meander; glide; move from place to place.
- Drive; travel by horseback.
- Proceed; continue; go forth.
- Slither; creep; crawl; locomote; move on the ground
- Phrase. “ride away”: depart; disappear; take leave.