row [-s] n
- Line; series; string; [fig.] chain; circle; crown; [metaphor] pattern; design; display; array; figure; configuration; constellation.
- Panel; flat linear surface.
row [-ing, -ed] v
- Transport; deliver; convey; transfer.
- Propel a boat; go forward with rhythmic strokes using oars; impel a vessel along by paddles; [fig.] orbit; revolve; rotate; circumnavigate; roll through space; [metaphor] shine; send out rays.
- Sail; glide; cruise; move freely; travel safely; press forward; [fig.] transcend; surpass.
- Paddle; drift; float; swim; stroke; hover; move to and fro; travel by means of currents; [fig.] promenade; ramble; range; roam; saunter; wander; [fig.] make a beeline.
- Line up; grow in straight furrow; [fig.] waft; blow gently via the air; [metaphor] make perfume; send forth a pleasant smell.