run [-ing, -s, ran] v
- Flee; get away; escape on foot; [fig.] pass on to heavenly glory.
- Continue; proceed; carry on; move rapidly; pass by steadily.
- Hurry; hasten; rush; go quickly.
- Flow; stream; course; move through a channel.
- Race; gallop; accelerate; move speedily; [fig.] compete; win; vie to determine the fastest one.
- Trot; clip; lope; move faster than walking; [fig.] pound; thump; move rhythmically.
- Spread; distribute; pass from one to another quickly.
- Happen; take place; come to pass.
- Say; speak; verbalize; repeat.
- Appear suddenly; come and go.
- Put; place; work; [fig.] plow.
- Collide; crash.
- Perform; function; operate.
- Pulse; throb; beat rapidly; [fig.] yearn; desire; hope; fill with love.
- Explore; journey in; travel through.
- Die; fade; pass away.
see run, v.
- Glissando; stream of notes.