saint [-s, -s'] n
OFr < L. sanctus, enact, ratify, devote, consecrate.
- Angel; holy one; blessed spirit; heavenly messenger; divine being; inhabitant of paradise.
- Redeemed person; saved one; blessed individual; sanctified human being; mortal rescued from physical and spiritual death by the atonement of Christ.
- Christian; godly person; member of a church; one who is committed to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Early Christian; member of the original church of Christ; apostle, prophet, martyr, or bishop mentioned in scripture.
- Deceased person; departed loved ones; those who have passed the tests of mortality.