AFr 'seek' < L. circare, to go round, circle.
- Investigation; scrutiny; attempt to locate, detect, track down, pin down, or lay hands on; [fig.] possession; ownership; occupancy.
- Phrase. “in search of”: looking; in a quest for; desiring to discover; going in all directions in order to find.
search [-ed, -ing, -s] v
see search, n.
- Seek to discover; desire to obtain.
- Examine; look in a penetrating manner.
- Look; seek; [fig.] pine for.
- Expect; await.
- Explore; study; research; investigate.