send [-ing, -s, sent] v
OE 'to go, way, journey'.
- Mail; post.
- Dispatch; order; commission to go.
- Share; give; [fig.] commit.
- Deliver to; convey to; transfer to; cause to arrive to.
- Throw; project; thrust; cast; fire; discharge.
- Transform into; cause to become; cause to go forth as.
- Put forth; move forward into the season.
- Shoot; aim and let go.
- Provide; furnish; supply; offer; make available.
- Direct; command; instruct.
- Affect; move; impress.
- Phrase. “sending … away”: dismiss; shoo.
- Phrase. “send … out”: radiate; emit; cause to be felt.