see shoot, v.
- Archer; bowman; shooter; one who launches arrows with a bow; [fig.] gunman; sniper; sharpshooter; [metaphor] deadly moment.
- Missile; projectile; act of shooting; [fig.] hit; mark; shock; wound; injury.
- Blow; bang; spike; explosion; detonation; recoil; reverberation; repercussion; ballistic impact; [fig.] wince; stroke; aneurism; cerebrovascular accident; [metaphor] crisis; death; mortal wound; critical condition.
- Blast; flak; impact; attack; [fig.] blight.
- Arrow; sharply-pointed projectile.
- Gunshot; assault with a weapon.