show [-ed, -eth, -ing, -n, -s, shewn, shown] v
OE sceawian, to look, to see.
- Demonstrate; prove; make evident; cause to be clear.
- Exhibit; display; present to view.
- Appear; look; seem.
- Cause to appear; enable to be seen by; [fig.] explain; enable to see a concept mentally.
- [Fig.] bear in order to prove or exhibit faithfulness.
- Lead; escort.
- Render; represent.
show [-'s, -s] n
see show, v.
- Carnival; circus; elaborate exhibition; event held in a portable building with a charge for admission.
- Appearance; ostentatious display.
- Performance; public presentation.